Outreach & Enrollment:
Community Health Net has a variety of initiatives in place to help individuals in our community access affordable health care. We offer the following services and programs to assist patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as The Affordable Care Act or) was enacted to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government. It offers a place for you to compare your options based on price, benefits, quality, and other important features. Our Navigators and Certified Application Counselors (CAC) are trained as experts to screen and assist with determining eligibility for insurance programs such as:
- Marketplace Qualified Health Plans
What is health Insurance?
Health insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company. You buy a plan, and the company agrees to pay part of your medical costs when you get sick or hurt. Plans available in the Marketplace (and most other plans) provide free preventative care like physicals, vaccines, check-ups and other essential benefits. They also cover some costs for prescription drugs.
We are currently in the special enrollment period for Marketplace plans; however, we are here to assist you with the application process if you fall into any of these categories:
In the last 60 days has anyone in your household:
- Lost (or will lose) their insurance?
- Been married (and at least one prospective enrollee had insurance coverage for at least one day in the last 60 days), had a baby (or pregnant), adopted a child or passed away?
- Moved outside of your insurance coverage area?
- Had an increase or decrease in their income? (Only under certain circumstances)
- Gained citizenship/eligible immigration status?
- Been released from incarceration?
- Aged off their parents insurance due to turning age 26?
- Gained membership in a federally recognized tribe or status as an Alaska Native?
- Make less than 138% of the Federal Poverty Level? (may be eligible for Medicaid which has open enrollment all year)
Our staff is also available for health insurance education presentations.
Please contact us at 814-314-0055 for assistance.
In addition, Community Health Net offers our patients discounts, sliding fees and payment plan options.