Health Care for the Homeless (HCH)
Community Health Net’s Health Care for the Homeless Program is designed to improve the health status and outcomes for homeless individuals and families in Erie County by improving access to primary Medical and Dental Services.
Who is Eligible
- Those without permanent housing or who may live on the streets, sidewalks, or train tracks.
- Any individuals who live in a shelter, mission, single room facility, an abandoned vehicle, or any other unstable or nonpermanent situation.
- Those who are to be released from prison and cannot return to stable living arrangements.
- Any individuals living in a drug and alcohol facility.
- Any individuals living in a domestic violence shelter.
Community Health Net recognizes the complex needs of the homeless and strives to provide a coordinated, comprehensive approach to the care given to the homeless in a way that welcomes them as patients.
The services free to all who qualify include:
- Primary care such as preventive medical, eye and dental.
- Prescriptive assistance, as may be appropriate for the program.
- Education for the client and general population regarding the availability and proper use of health services.
- Mental health referral services as necessary.
- Drug and Alcohol referrals services.
- Housing referral
- Assistance in obtaining health insurance.
- When needed socks and personal care items.
Daniel S. Snow, M.D. Health Center
1202 State Street
Erie, PA 16501
HCH Program Coordinator
- Sherrai Holland
To schedule an appointment call (814) 455-7222 ext. 268