The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides primary care to Behavioral Health patients within an integrated care model. These services include but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care, and health maintenance.
Practices under the standard procedure established for the Nurse Practitioner role consistent with Community Health Net policy and in accordance with requirements set forth by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing.
- Conducts age-appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical records for follow-up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Reports to: Medical Director
Status of position: Full Time
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, paid disability and life insurance, paid malpractice, relocation, paid CME, salary incentive, and excellent vacation package.
- Loan repayment available through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC)
- Shared on-call schedule
- First shift schedule; five (5) 8-hour days per week
- Single, robust EHR (NextGen)
- Additional compensation provided for patient services provided on weekends
- Qualified applicants must possess a valid and current Pennsylvania Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse License.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Completion of master’s program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP, Acute Care NP or Psych/Mental Health NP required.
- One (1) year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric care facility, including the provision of treatment and crisis intervention for members with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders.
- Current DEA License preferred.
- Must successfully complete the required credentialing process.
- Must have an NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number).
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to provide quality, comprehensive medical care in a compassionate matter.
Community Health Net provides medical, dental, and vision services to the general public including the underserved. We believe in providing extraordinary care to our patients. Those interested in being considered for this need can contact email@example.com or mail cover letter/resume/cv to Community Health Net, P.O. Box 369, Erie, PA 16512. Community Health Net is Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.