The Medical Services Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of quality healthcare for clients of Community Health Net. Primary duties include providing a complete health history and accurately determining the client’s medical condition. In cooperation with the medical provider, promotes, maintains, and restores the well-being of the patient in a professional manner. Coordinates referrals to other health and social agencies; establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with clients, families, providers, and coworkers. Maintains an awareness of medical equipment and supplies in a cost-effective and safe manner. All nursing duties assigned are pending training and successfully passing competencies. Supports office activities of registration, discharge, medical records, and scheduling, as needed.
REPORTS TO: Medical Services Coordinator
POSITION LOCATION: Daniel S. Snow, MD Health Center
STATUS OF POSITION: Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for acquiring and documenting a complete health history by utilizing interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of pathology, treatment, and implications for patient education.
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities based on nursing assessment and displays strong organizational skills.
- In cooperation with the Provider, promotes, maintains, and/or restores the well-being of the client in a professional manner.
- Facilitates patient flow by assisting providers and providing timely telephone and walk-in triage. Including but not limited to; requests for lab results, inquiries regarding current condition, chief complaint, and determines the need for a visit or a request to speak with the Provider.
- Coordinates and documents referrals to physicians and other medical or social agencies.
- Consistently provides and documents health education for client/family and follow up based on individual needs assessment.
- Maintains an awareness of medical equipment and supplies in a cost-effective, safe manner.
- Adheres to Community Health Net, JCAHO, and OSHA policies related to infection control practices.
- Collects specimens to assist in diagnosis determination, including but not limited to, venous blood draw, sputum, urine, stool, etc.
- Maintain appropriate documentation, quality control testing, and practices in compliance with the Community Health Net Health Care Plan.
- Maintains an awareness of differences in insurance plans and how this impacts patient care.
- Maintains current knowledge of nursing practice issues consistent with scope and licensure.
- Float as needed to Community Health Net sites to cover nursing.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- GED or high school diploma required.
- Current and valid Pennsylvania LPN license and CPR certification required.
- Ability to use computers and Windows-based software to enter data and develop reports as needed.
- Must be responsible, precise, and organized.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays based upon operational need.
- Community Health Net provides medical, dental, and vision services to the general public including the underserved.
We believe in providing extraordinary care to our patients. Community Health Net is Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
To apply, please click the following link: https://www.ondemandassessment.com